Yoga Practice, Creative Classes, Dinners, Meetings, Parties, Team Building, Friend Craft Nights, You Name It!
Book a private event at Make Room, in the lower level of the Dakota Business College building built in 1885. Original checkerboard concrete floors are a striking feature of the unique space. Gallery lighting highlights rotating local art exhibits adorning the walls surrounding the space. A distinctly secretive, underground feeling is lightened by large north facing windows that look out into the private stairwell. A bathroom and utility sink are available for use, as well as a variety of seating arrangements and decor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a booking. Consult calendar for possible opening in the event schedule. Pricing may vary per hour. Trades and Barters welcome.
What amenities do you have available for those who rent your space?
We have a bathroom with a utility sink, microwave, and coffee makers. Supplies and tools are sometimes available upon request. We have several folding tables and seating for up to 20.
How many people can the studio hold?
For yoga or other mat practices, we can accommodate up to 22 people (we have stretched it to 24 people) Standing or sitting, we can accomodate many more.
What hours are the studios generally available for rent?
10am-9pm on weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends if the space is not already booked for an event or class. Other hours available depending on staffing availability.
What does it cost to rent the studios for events?
$50/hr during "peak hours", weekends and 5pm-10pm weekdays
$30/hr during daytime hours, 10am-5pm weeekdays
$50/event or other custom rate for creative partners (email@example.com)
What does it cost to rent the studio for a personal practice or rehearse for a performance?
We have a special rate: $30 per person per hour.
Can I rent the studio off hours?
Yes, for an additional $50/hour adjustment. This is an additional charge if the rental requires the studio to open early or close later. It is charged in half hour increments and is subject to staffing availability.
Anything else I should know?
– A 50% deposit is required to secure the rental and the balance is due the day of your event.
– We rent studios only when space is available. We cannot cancel classes or workshops to accommodate rentals.
– Any food or beverages brought in must be fully cleaned up when leaving.
– No candles may be lit in the studios, but incense is permitted.
What is the studio rental cancellation policy?
– Notice given 96 hours (4 days) or more before the rental – refund of deposit minus a $20 administrative fee
– Notice given 48-96 hours before the party – only refund in the form of studio credit of the deposit minus a $20 administrative fee
– No credits or refunds will be issued if cancellation is received within 48 hours or less before the party
Questions? Contact Make Room!